This comprehensive WordPress course is the ideal companion for those who want to learn more about setting up and managing their own website and master the key skills that they need to use the main functionalities of WordPress easily and effectively.
Consisting of thirty interactive video-based modules, the course will equip you with all the knowledge and information that you need to hit the ground running and begin working with WordPress with ease.
Upon completion of the course content, you will feel confident in using and operating the WordPress site and will have a good grasp of the key features and tools that you need to create a professional and effective website, whatever your purpose.
The course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more.
- An overview of the key features of WordPress and how to install it to your PC
- How to navigate around the WordPress site, including familiarisation with the Updates and Settings areas and how to use and create Menus
- How to create, manage and publish posts on your website, including how to use the preview function
- Using categories and tags to organise your website, including how to create a new category and how to categorise and add tags to posts
- How to create and publish new pages in your website, including adding headings, media and content
- How to install, customise and manage website themes, including formatting text and inserting lists, links and tables
- Working with the Media Centre, including making the best use of images and videos on your website and working with photo galleries and sliders
- How to administer permissions for different types of user on your WordPress site
- Using widgets and customising them to enhance the look and feel of your website
- Choosing and installing the most appropriate Plugins for your site
- Managing user comments and contact forms