Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system is an internationally-recognised approach to managing and monitoring food safety risks. It is underpinned by seven principles that, when properly utilised, protect consumers from food-related hazards.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the HACCP principles and will explain how they apply in real-life situations.
You will Learn:
- How HACCP started
- Where HACCP was first used
- The seven principles that make up HACCP
- How to conduct a hazard assessment
- What is meant by the term ‘critical control points’
- How to locate critical control points
- The role of critical limits in reducing food safety risks
- Why you must implement a reliable set of monitoring procedures, and what to do, if you identify a problem
- The role of sound record keeping in HACCP, and how to check that your safety measures are working