About this course
This online Medical Terminology course teaches hundreds of medical terms covering body parts, symptoms, conditions, treatments and procedures. You also learn how medical terms are formed and pronounced, and how they translate into everyday English.
Level B1 – B2
Medical terminology is essential to understanding healthcare. Using an agreed set of medical terms allows healthcare professionals to use language that will be understood by other professionals wherever it is said or written.
Medical terminology can seem like another language. However, it has a regular structure that can be learnt quickly. In essence, you need to understand the roots of medical terms – very often derived from old English, Latin or Greek – and the prefixes and suffixes which combine with the roots to give specific meanings.
Our Medical Terminology course introduces you to medical terms covering every part of the body, from the parietal bone to the sacrum to the hallux.
Who is this course for?
- Healthcare professionals and students
- Anyone thinking about a career in medical administration
- Anyone with an interest in discovering more about medical language, its etymology and meanings
What’s in the course?
- Analysis of root words, prefixes and suffixes
- Terms for parts of the body and body systems
- Terms for conditions, treatments and procedures
- Pronunciation guide
- Translating medical terms into everyday language
- Using medical terms in practice
You read, listen and do multiple activities to learn the many terms in the course. At the end of the course, you will receive a CPD Standards Certificate for 24 CPD points or hours.