Risk Assessment in the Workplace Certificate€80
About this course
Every year, thousands of people are injured at work. Many of these injuries are preventable. The key to a safe workplace is continuous, comprehensive risk management. Risk assessment is a framework and method that enables employers to spot hazards and reduce the risk of harm to everyone in the environment.
This course will introduce you to the laws governing the identification and management of hazards and risks in the workplace. You will learn about the role of employers and employees in maintaining a safe environment, the steps involved in conducting an assessment and how to prevent common workplace accidents.
- What an employer must do when carrying out a risk assessment
- How and when employers must consult their employees when undertaking a risk assessment
- Which groups of workers are particularly vulnerable to accidents and injuries in the workplace
- How workplace inspections can facilitate risk management, and who is responsible for carrying out these inspections
- The eight strategies employers can use to prevent slips, trips and falls