Fashion Design Diploma Course€185
About this course
The fashion design course was written for students who are interested in working in the steadily growing fashion industry. With this online training course, you will have all the information necessary to successfully begin a career in this field.
Fashion design enables individuals to study fashion trends, sketch ideas and create designs. As you work through this course, you will gain a comprehensive overview of the design industry, elements of design and career options within the field.
This convenient online course provides students with the unique opportunity to learn course material at their own pace. You will have access to comprehensive study material 24 hours a day ensuring that you can study anytime, anywhere.
Many individuals who take the course are still able to work full time, which ensures that you can maintain your current lifestyle whilst working toward achieving your career goals.
You can access this course from any internet-enabled device. As you work through the programme, you will find the short, flexible modules incredibly easy to navigate. However, if you find you have any questions, you can access online support while you train.
Before receiving your diploma, you must complete and pass a multiple-choice exam. After successfully passing your course, you can download your diploma right from home. If you prefer, we can post it to you at an additional cost.
The fashion design course will cover the following information:
- An introduction to common fashion terminology
- The skills necessary to become a fashion designer
- The five stages of a fashion cycle
- The history of fashion
- The elements and principles of fashion design
- How to conduct fashion market research and identify your target customer
- Fashion design forecasting
- How to create mood boards
- Fashion design sketching
- Garment sample stages
- An overview of material terminology
- The main fibre groups used in the fashion industry
- Textile fibres and their properties
- An overview of fabric construction
- Fabric performance characteristics and finishes
- How to source materials, trims and contractors
- Draping, cutting and sewing essentials
- Sewing techniques for fashion design
- Sizing and grading
- Garment support and structure
- Buttons, enclosures and finishes
- Garment construction
- Fittings, revisions and costing
- Garment tech packages
- Finding a clothing manufacturer and preparing for mass production
- Making your clothing line, domain name and trademark
- Creating your business plan
- Financing your line and finding resources in the United Kingdom
- Selling and marketing your fashions
- Finding models and launching a fashion show
- Careers in fashion design
- Starting your own fashion design business
- The fashion industry in the United Kingdom
- Preparing and presenting your portfolio