Electrical Safety in the Workplace Certificate€50
About this course
Electrical Safety in the Workplace Certificate
Electrical accidents can result in serious injury, disability and death. Although workers in some industries are at especially high risk of injury, these accidents can occur in almost any workplace. Therefore, it is important that employers and workers alike understand the risks they encounter when working with electricity and how to work in a safe, efficient manner.
In this course, you will learn how to identify potential sources of electrocution and uphold electrical safety in the workplace. You will learn about the key legislation put in place to ensure electrical safety at work and its practical implications in day-to-day scenarios.
You Will Learn:
- The effects of electric shock on the body and why electrical accidents can be fatal
- The most common causes of electrical accidents in the workplace
- The scope of The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and how they complement other legislation
- How risk assessments reduce the chance of electrical injury, and other practical steps an employer can take to promote electrical safety at work
- How to select the right tools and equipment when carrying out work with electricity and how to ensure that anyone working with electricity is appropriately qualified to do so