Dental Assistant Certificate€185
About this course
It is rare to come across a dental clinic or office that functions efficiently in the absence of dental assistants. Dental assistants help dentists perform clinical procedures, manage patient care as well as oversee the administrative and clerical operations. Dental assistants are responsible for performing a range of functions and duties.
- The different members of the dental team, their roles and responsibilities and how to work in a team environment
- The different skills and qualifications that you will require in order to become a dental assistant
- Different principles underlying organisation and operation of a dental office including administrative and clerical duties such as filing, computerisation of records and so on.
- Detailed insights into oral health, anatomy and hygiene as well as dental charting
- How to maintain health and safety standards in a dental office by complying with regulations and rules
- Communication techniques that will include interactions with patients, other healthcare professionals, colleagues and dentists. You will learn how to welcome a patient, provide information, clarify doubts and prepare the patients by making them comfortable
- How to provide chair-side assistance to the dentist by fabricating temporary restorations, cleaning and polishing removable dental appliances
- How to maintain infection control and protecting the dental team by following correct protocols
- How to manage instrumentation by sterilising and positioning instruments for easy access; passing instruments to the dentist during dental procedures and suctioning them
- How to select, mix and place materials on instruments as well as inside the patient’s mouth
- How to assist the dentist during medical and dental emergencies by maintaining CPR certifications and assisting with oxygen and drug supply
- Maintenance of dental equipment and operation according to manufacturer’s instructions, trouble-shooting, calling the manufacturer for repairs and evaluating new equipment
- How to manage inventory by checking stocks, anticipating requirements, placing and verifying orders